Call for Papers, Posters, Demonstrations and Workshops
Academic Mindtrek Conference
17th to 19th October 2016
In cooperation with ACM, ACM SIGMM, and ACM SIGCHI.
Contributions will be published in the ACM digital library.
DEADLINE: 27th June, 2016
We are pleased to invite you to the Academic Mindtrek conference, 17th to 19th October 2016. Academic Mindtrek is a meeting place where researchers, experts and thinkers present results from their latest work regarding the development of novel technology, media and digital culture for the society of tomorrow.
Academic Mindtrek is part of the renowned Mindtrek business conference. Mindtrek brings together people not only from various fields and domains but also from different sectors such as companies, academia and various other institutions. This is the perfect opportunity for pushing research results in the practice and industry, as well as getting out-the-box research ideas based on the interaction with industry and practitioners. Mindtrek events are accessible for the Academic Mindtrek attendees, and vice versa.
The academic conference features the following major themes:
- Human-Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Interaction design and user experience
- Games and gamification
- Virtual, augmented and mixed reality
- Media education
- Collaboration and multimedia technologies in education
- Crowdsourcing and citizen participation
- Open data and data science
- New forms of journalism and media
- Theatre, performance and media
- Enhancing work in socio-technological environments
We are especially enthusiastic about applied research and papers related to practical work. Read more on Call: Academic Mindtrek Conference 2016…