American Telemedicine Association (ATA) Telemedicine Video Contest:
Expect Telemedicine because Telemedicine Works!
ATA is pleased to announce an open video contest on the theme “Expect Telemedicine Because Telemedicine Works,” with over 16 thousand dollars in total cash prizes. This contest is designed to promote the value and importance of telemedicine, mHealth and remote monitoring to patients, the public and healthcare administrators.
Submitted videos must be 30 seconds OR 60 seconds in length and should focus on one of the following objectives:
- Evoking consumer awareness, interest and demand for telemedicine services so that they will help promote its growth and use
- Promoting the value of telemedicine to hospital and health system administrators to encourage their adoption of telemedicine
When illustrating the value of telemedicine, videos may focus on the issues of medical access, affordability, equity, quality of care, timeliness or any other benefit. Special consideration will go to submissions done in a creative, original or humorous way, as well as real healthcare stories with a focused personal narrative.
Submissions are accepted through August 15.
A Review Committee will evaluate all submissions based on quality, narrative, presentation style and relevancy to telemedicine. Prizes for the winning entries include:
- Best Video on the theme of Consumer Awareness – $5,000
- Best Video on the theme of Provider Adoption – $5,000
- Best non-English language Video: $2,000
- Best Video produced by a Student*: $2,000
*Student status must be verified at the time of submission by sending ATA proof of full time student enrollment.
The Review Committee will also nominate 10 outstanding submissions (not including the videos receiving grand prizes) and allow ATA members to vote on their favorite videos. The two top vote recipients will each receive a $1000 prize.
All prize money has been underwritten by our contest sponsors.
This contest is organized by the American Telemedicine Association, with generous financial support from the following organizations: