First Call for Papers
ACM SIGCHI Symposium on Engineering Interactive Computing Systems
Pisa, Italy | June 13-16, 2011
EICS 2011 is the third international conference devoted to the engineering of interactive computing systems. EICS focuses on methods, techniques, and the tools that support them, for designing and developing interactive systems. It brings together people who study or practice the engineering of interactive systems, drawing from the HCI, Software Engineering, Requirements Engineering, CSCW, Ubiquitous Pervasive Systems and Game Development communities. Systems of interest include traditional as well as non-traditional interactive systems, development processes (e.g. agile software development), design tools (e.g. multi-device design), frameworks and APIs (e.g. for multi-display environments, tangible objects), new and emerging modalities (e.g. touch, gestures, tangible objects) and innovative applications (e.g. mobile and ubiquitous games, touch-based monitoring and control environments).
The EICS conference series encompasses the former EHCI (Engineering Human Computer Interaction, sponsored by IFIP 2.7/13.4), DSV-IS (International Workshop on the Design, Specification and Verification of Interactive Systems), CADUI (International Conference on Computer-Aided Design of User Interfaces) and TAMODIA (International Workshop on Task Models and Diagrams). EICS is supported by ACM’s special interest groups on computer-human interaction (SIGCHI) and software engineering (SIGSOFT pending), and provides a unique venue for cross-fertilization between software engineering and human-computer interaction.
Submissions are invited that address some aspect of the engineering of human-computer interactive systems. Topics include but are not limited to:
- Modeling interaction and interactive systems
- Engineering processes for interactive systems (e.g. design, implementation, prototyping and testing)
- Integrating interaction design into the software development process
- Interactive systems specification
- Requirements engineering for interactive systems
- Software architectures for interactive systems
- Dynamic generation/composition of interactive systems
- Specifying users’ activities
- Tool support for engineering interactive systems
- Frameworks and APIs for interactive systems (e.g. API usability, interaction driven API design)
- Innovative Interactive Applications
TYPE OF SUBMISSIONS
Research Papers, Practice and Experience Reports, Late Breaking Results, Demonstrations, Doctoral Consortium submissions and Workshop proposals.
Accepted contributions will be published in the ACM SIGCHI proceedings of EICS 2011 as well as in the ACM Digital Library.
Full papers and workshop proposals:
- Submission: November 22, 2010
Demonstrations, tutorials doctoral consortium and late breaking results:
- Submission: February 10, 2010
Further information on the web site: http://www.eics2011.org/